Wednesday, March 26, 2008

STORY OF DOAN THI NHAT OANH




"I want to go to school. I feel so sad because I can not stand up or walk like other normal children. Looking at them going out, I cry a lot and wish I could go out to play with my friends."
These words are from a girl named Doan Thi Nhat Oanh. She is 14 years old. She was born in a poor family with 5 members. Her parents are poor farmers. They live in Group 7, Huu Thanh Hamlet, Trung Phuoc Commune, Tuy Phuoc District, Binh Dinh Province.
"When my mum was pregnant with me, she had a traffic accident and it affected my development in the womb. I have been in a paralytic situation since I was born"
Doan has been paralytic for 14 years so she just stays at home. Despite of her less-fortunate fate, she has never ever given up a dream of finishing her study. She has wished to have a wheelchair to go to school everyday and go out with her friends.
"It will be easier for me to go out with this wheelchair. I can by myself roll without anyone. Before I get the wheelchair I must crawl to anywhere I want to go. It makes my hands and knees painful; and my clothes dirty. But now, without crawling, I can go out. I feel happy so much. I don’t know what I should say right now. I want to thank the donors and FWM for the wheelchair. I hope that you will pay more attention to those who have the same situation as me."
She told me a lot and I could feel the happiness on her face and her smile.
Tam


No comments: