Friday, March 28, 2008

STORY OF LE VAN HIEN



An old woman holding a two meter stick was pushing a wheelchair where a man is sitting on. I guessed it is a stuff to keep the door safe from the thief to some houses in the countryside at first sight, but I was wrong, it was a stick helping the man to move.The 62 year old man was trying to roll the tyre of the wheelchair by his right hand so that it can move faster. I could see a strong will presenting in him to overcome current difficulties in moving. When being asked about his feeling of getting a wheelchair, he tried to move his lips say something to me but he couldn’t because of cardiovascular accident two years ago. There was only happy tear-drop rolling on wrinkled check. His wife said in emotion “I am so happy to have this wheelchair because it will help me a lot with taking care of my husband. He has been in paralysed situation of half body for 2 years. I am very old now to be able to carry him on hand. When I want to move him to a little bit far from the bed, I must have someone to help me with carrying him as usual. Now with this wheelchair, I can take him out without anybody’s help ” “I can not express my mood right now. I have waited for this free wheelchair for 2 years because of poverty”. I want to say the word “thank you” many times to show my gratitude to the donors of GIBTKs.



No comments: